Ronald Haxton died in 2009 from mesothelioma that he contracted as a result of exposure to asbestos dust during his job dismantling old boilers. His wife, Monica, used to hand-wash his overalls that were covered with the asbestos dust, and in 2012 she was diagnosed with the same fatal condition.
Mr Haxton’s employers had admitted liability for his death, but had rejected a negligence claim over her own terminal illness. However, the Appeal Court found in Mrs Haxton’s favour and ordered the company to pay compensation.
“His employers had a duty to warn Ronald of the dangers of asbestos exposure and provide him with protective clothing, but they failed to do either,” said Mrs Haxton, speaking after the verdict.
Contact our Injury Solicitors in Scotland
For specialist personal injury claims advice in Scotland, including advice on mesothelioma claims, contact us today: click here to make an online enquiry or call us on 0800 027 1480.
We're here to help
Talk to one of our expert compensations lawyers today
Call us on 01312255214
Accreditations & Memberships