Jamie Jackson was hit on the head when the swing’s suspension mechanism collapsed and landed on top of him. He received a fractured skull and his injuries were described as “potentially life threatening” by the Health and Safety Executive.
Blackpool Council had apparently been warned on four separate occasions that the swing was faulty and in need of repair. It pleaded guilty to breaching health and safety legislation and apologised for the incident.
"If the swing had received urgent attention as recommended, then the horrific injuries the boy suffered could have been avoided," commented HSE inspector Michael Mullen, reports the BBC.
Contact our Injury Solicitors in Scotland
For specialist personal injury claims advice in Scotland, including advice on claims for head or brain injuries, contact us today: click here to make an online enquiry or call us on 0800 027 1480.
We're here to help
Talk to one of our expert compensations lawyers today
Call us on 01312255214
Accreditations & Memberships